The highly anticipated 2018 BASC Chudleys Scurry League is set to launch at the West of England Game Fair on 17th and 18th March at the Royal Bath & West Showground in Somerset.
Open to all gundog breeds, the scurries will be hosted at 10 country shows and game fairs across the UK and will test the retrieving ability of gundogs against the clock over various disciplines. Competitors and spectators can look forward to scurries such as Multi Pick up, Pick & Mix, Long Retrieve, Obstacle and the Junior Obstacle.
Each day the fastest dog will be awarded with 1st place position and 30 points, 2nd place will receive 20 points and 3rd place will be awarded with 10 points. The top 20 dogs in the league after the final qualifying round will be invited to attend the grand final at the Midland Game Fair, Shropshire on the 15th September to determine the overall winner.
The BASC Chudleys Scurry League will take place at the following venues throughout 2018:
• West of England Game Fair - March 17-18
• The Great Shires Fair - April 14-15
• Northern Shooting Show - May 12-13
• Welsh Spring Fair - May 19-20
• Myerscough College Open Day and Country Fair - June 10
• Cotswold Show - July 7-8
• The Rhug Game Fair - July 7-8
• The Game Fair - July 27-29
• Fenland Game Fair - August 26-27
• Frampton Show - September 9th
• Grand Final – Midland Game Fair – September 15th
This friendly and inclusive competition is entering its 8th year and welcomes all levels of gundogs and handlers. You are invited to sign up on the day of the event!
For more information, head to www.basc.org.uk/gundogs/scurry-league/